Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mellow atmosphere.

Right now I´m in Valencia. We´re having lunch on a patio of a cafe. This is just how I imagined it. Sitting down and just watching th world go by me. It feels so hot you can literally feel your skin toasting. I was in the sun no onger than five minutes and I already have tan lines. Its worth it though.
Valencia is so relaxing. It reminds me of the beach back home for an exception of the water. The Gulf of Mexico is more like river water, and here the water is more like a saphire blue. I didn´t get a close up of the beach but what I saw was more than enough to get me to come back.
Lunch was great. Being from Texas I´m used to eating fried fish, and i normally don´t eat fish any other way. This fish that we had at the restraunt was so juicy and full of flavor I just couldn´t resist. It was baked and smothered with butter sauce that had some lemon in it. After that we had baked apples. I had never had baked apples, and I´m gladI tried them. It was a whole green apple, like the granny smiths, covered with carmel baked to perfection. The apple itself was still crunchy on the outside becuase of the skin, but it was nice and soft on the inside. Most of the juice from the apple came out and blended with the carmel.
What made the meal even better was the entertainment. A man just sat off to the side playing his guitar and singing. You could tell that he took his art very seriously becuase he showed up with an amp and a microphone. Normally the street performers show up with just an instrument and box for money.
Valencia has a mellow atmosphere. The people are friendly, the weather is comfortable and the experience is one of kind. Well I´m off to see another one of a kind article...the Holy Grail.

No comments: